There are many ways to raise awareness of lipoedema, the issues surrounding it and our charity; we hope these examples will give you some ideas.
- Follow us on social media , and and share our postings to increase their reach
- Take a photo or video of yourself and post it on social media:
- Managing your lipoedema (e.g. wearing compression on holiday or travelling to your clinic appointment)
- Raising awareness (e.g. going to appointments carrying our literature to share with healthcare professionals, giving a talk at a local group, putting up a poster <add hyperlink to our current poster/explain how to order paper versions> at work/in a local venue
- Meeting up with other people with lipoedema
You can use relevant hashtags: #lipoedema (and the variations #lipedema in the US or Spanish speaking countries and/or #lipoedem in Germany) and you can tag us in your Facebook posts and Tweets – @lipoedemauk.
Raising Awareness Offline
- Display our poster <insert hyperlink> in your local gym, community centre or doctor’s surgery – or even in your car!
- Take the information on the online training for healthcare professionals to your GP surgery and give it to your GP or the practice manager
- Find out about your local Healthwatch or groups like your GP Surgery Patient Participation Group and see if you can give information to them about lipoedema/get involved in local services